January 11, 2010

Powerhouse @ Hawaiian Brians!

Posted by Jeffparagas | January 11, 2010 | Category: , , , , |


Hello internet. I'm in a band called Powerhouse and we recently had a gig this past Saturday at Hawaii Brian's. We are a Honolulu based band that plays old school horn band hits by artists such as Tower of Power, Earth Wind & Fire, Chicago and much more. I play 2nd horn and I have to admit, I have a blast playing with these guys. I haven't been keeping up my chops, so gigs tend to be a little harsh, but this past gig was really fun! During breaks my good friend Aj (our lead trumpet) and I had some games of darts and just clowning around letting loose before the next set. Also if you're down here in Hawaii, come check us out. For more information on where we'll be playing next you can visit www.powerhouseband.org.



Me playing in the middle of Kenji and Aj.


Our Leader Paul Stanley getting the crowd riled up.


Some of the crowd dancing. Oh and there's Brad Choi, very cool guy. Use to drum for us, but he's in too many bands already.


Here's our band. 10 guys! That's a lot for a band huh?

If you guys want to see more pics of the gig check it out here.

Also here's a clip from about two years ago from the Andy Bumatai show. The quality isn't too great and we've improved a lot since then.





-Jeff


Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply